Thursday, July 1, 2010

Everyone Likes a Quickie

It's almost 9:00 p.m. here and I have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning so I'll make this really quick.

Today is Day 1 of Week 3 of the interval training program. I did 2 miles with 10 intervals of running for a total of 9 minutes of running. Let's take a moment to celebrate...OK, that's long enough, I'm tired. I have never run that far in my life, I'm proud of that.

OK, now for the bad news. My knee is not improving, actually, it's getting worse. I am now faced with the tough decision of what to do to undo the damage that my classic push-yourself-too-hard rookie move has caused. Knowing that scaling back is the only way to get my knee healthy, I have no other choice.

Here is the game plan: cross train tomorrow as scheduled, rest Saturday, revert to Week 1 running for Sunday, take some Motrin, ice it, elevate it, not necessarily in that order. There it is. I'm not happy about it and I am really trying not to allow myself to feel defeated. What I can promise you is this, I will not revert to my old habit of holding down the couch (even though I am mighty good at it), rather, I will just take the intensity down a couple of notches allowing my body to do it's job and heal itself.

That's really all I can say right now, I'm frustrated and I'm trying really hard not to let profanity sneak it's way in.

Don't worry, this won't stop me, I'm still on my mission, it's just going to take a little longer so...

Don't Pity the Fat Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work!! You are doing GREAT!! I am very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete