Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yikes, Is There Really Only 7 1/2 Weeks Left?!?

Is it just me or is this year screaming by? Wasn't it just Spring? This is the time of the year that I refer to as "running the gauntlet". It starts September 1 and it's just one hit after another until New Years. I already have most of the weekends in October booked, a couple in September and I got a call from a friend last night about November. Now, I'm not necessarily complaining here, a lot of this is self inflicted but it happens to be my favorite time of year and there is sooooooo much that I want to do. Back to my point, the 10K is just around the corner for me so I really need to pound some pavement now.

We all have the best of intentions when we make our plan of attack and just assume that there will be no road blocks and things will go just as we want them to. I have already told you about some of the changes I've had to make for mine and this past weekend was no exception. My plan was to take my long walk on Sundays as the 10K is on a Sunday too and I want to get used to it. Well, my niece and nephew spent the night at my house Saturday and I didn't think I could leave my husband alone to tend to them for over an hour. So, I took my long walk on Monday. Not a big change and it worked out because my office was closed so there was plenty of time in the morning.

My point is this, things are going to come up, sometimes they will be small and easily worked around other times they won't and you'll have to decide if you're going to make it work or allow yourself to be defeated. So far, I'm choosing to make it work and I have been doing so for longer than ever before. The old me would sit back, make excuses and allow myself to lose sight of my goal. Now, I just figure it out, switch my schedule around and find a place for exercise. I can't allow the old me to fight her way back in and you shouldn't either.

As I write today I am sitting in the office on my lunch break eating the lunch I packed: a ham and provolone sandwich with only 1 slice of sourdough bread folded in half, a handful of grapes and a sugar free dark chocolate jello pudding. (For breakfast I had 1 1/2 servings of Multi-grain Cheerios with 1 cup of 1% milk and for my morning snack I had 1 serving of cinnamon Teddy Grahams.) I figure this will work in 3 ways: I'll spend less money, eat healthier and get some blogging done all at the same time. There just might be something to that multi-tasking thing yet.

Set a goal and do everything in your power to reach it. Don't allow "lazy-you" to win and...

Don't Pity the Fat Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Neighbor,

    Found your blog through Jenny's blog.

    I'm only 25, + or -, minutes away from you.

    I should be folding clothes right now, so I'll go to it, but will be back to read more about your 10k, etc. I ran the Monument Ave. 10k the last two years, and hope to do it a third time. I talked about both experiences in my blog shortly after each run.

    Anyway, until I get more blogging time... :)

    ReplyDelete