Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just Keep Moving, Just Keep Moving

I am now on Day 3 of Week 1 of the interval training program I am trying. So far so good. Yesterday was a cross training day so I went swimming. Now, Thursday during my lunch break I went to the store and bought goggles and a nose clip wanting to do some serious laps in the pool. Well, I got to the pool and realized that I had left my equipment at home. Not to be deterred, I decided to tread water for a while and when that got boring I did the best swimming I could without submerging my head.

So, with Day 2 out of the way I knew that I would have to run again. Day 3 is supposed to be just like Day 1, for this week 1.5 miles. I was a little leery of running today because my muscles have been very sore the last 2 days. I got up early to beat the heat (the weather guys say it will be in the mid 90's today and 100 tomorrow, yikes!) and was on the road by 8:00.

As I approached the 5 minute mark I noticed that there was a couple in their yard. Not wanting them to see me running (the sports bra has the girls under control but there is still a lot of other jiggling and bouncing going on) I waited until I was past them and started jogging at 5:15. Well, today was just like Thursday as I did 7 intervals of running at 45 minutes each. I have to tell you that it hurt today. My shins hurt, my calves hurt, my thighs hurt, my back hurt, it was hard to breathe with this tight bra squeezing me. Despite the pain, I felt good too. I was running, I couldn't do that 2 months ago. It made me feel strong. It made me hopeful. Forget the pain, it's not going to stop me.

Tomorrow I rest. And boy do I need it. Let me give you a little advice, if you are having trouble sleeping, get some exercise. I have lapsed into a coma the past 2 nights. I have been physically tired which is so rare for me, usually I am mentally tired but, this is completely different.

So, are you moving yet, are you using your Wii Fit regularly, what have you done today to get moving? Today I ran. Get some exercise and

Don't Pity the Fat Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment