Sunday, June 6, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, Celebrate It.

It's nearly 9:00 pm and I have to be out of bed by 6:00 am and I'm tired from the day's activity (you'll soon understand) so I'll be brief.

I didn't set the alarm last night but I did plan to roll out of bed and put on my running shoes as soon as I woke, the first time that I woke. And I did. I got up at 7:45 am, jumped out of bed, put on my gear, kissed my Honey and started walking.

The goal today, as Sunday will always be the big walking/running day, was to complete a 5K in under 55 minutes. I managed to finish the 5K in 52:44, 1 minute and 10 seconds faster than I finished the official 5K a few weeks ago. Victory is mine! I felt so good about it that I didn't stop there.

I came in the house, got another bottle of grape Propel, went to the shed and took out my bike. Then, still glowing from my earlier triumph, I climbed on the bike and pedaled my way to another 5K. I had my own mini biathalon (is that a word?).

Now I'll be honest, my legs felt like Jello when I climbed off of the bike but it was a good feeling. I pushed hard today, tested myself and came out of it stronger physically and mentally. I now know how far I can push myself at this point in the game and I think I'm doing well. Next I have to work on putting the right fuel into my body and that's going to be a harder change for me. You'll see, I'll figure it out. Stayed tuned and...

Don't Pity the Fat Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment