Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Two Down and How Many To Go???

Well, I didn't jump right out of bed this morning nor did I get up gracefully. I guess you could say I dragged myself out of the bed this morning. I could blame it on 2 nights of having difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. I could blame it on the long weekend, sleeping in and getting off schedule. I could blame it on being tired from my fast paced walk from the previous day...but I won't. Ultimately, I got up, laced up and walked. I never said that this would be easy.

Once again I hit the road and pounded out 2 miles, 2 grueling miles. For starters, it was 69 degrees (nice, huh?) with 96% humidity. That's right! 96%. Do you have any idea what it's like to walk in that kind of humidity? Try this; soak a blanket, pull it over your head and start walking. I was sweating 200 feet into my walk and it was difficult to breathe. Did I stop? Did I turn back? Did I cut my walk short? NOOOOOOOOOO! I didn't get out of bed at 6:06 for nothing. I kept moving despite the pain in my hips, pain in my back, fogged up glasses, lack of sufficient oxygen and Coconut the shaggy mutt hot on my heels.

I finished the 2 mile loop again, this time a bit slower at a 17:08 pace. Not bad considering the conditions this morning. I'll get back to the 16:30 pace and faster, I know this. Patience is not one of my virtues but, I'm learning. I've heard that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. (I don't have a clue how they figured that one out.) That's 2 days down and 19 to go. Stick with me, I'll pull through, this is what I'm here to do so...

Don't Pity the Fat Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment